- Tactiek & Puzzelboeken
- Desert Island Chess Puzzle Omnibus
Desert Island Chess Puzzle Omnibus
- So W. & Adams M. & Nunn J. & Burgess G.
- Gambit Books
- 320 blz.
If you had to choose a single luxury chess item to take to a desert island, then how about this – a superb selection of 400 puzzles to solve? Each author has carefully chosen 100 original positions, graded by difficulty and theme into four sections of 25. The emphasis throughout is on entertainment, instruction and inspiration. The solutions pinpoint lessons to be learnt and explain why plausible but incorrect solutions fail.
- Wesley So presents 100 puzzles from his own recent games, many from elite events. They range from easily-overlooked but straightforward ideas to moves of great depth.
- Michael Adams offers positions from his files that have inspired him over the years, and includes a section of ‘warm-ups’.
- John Nunn challenges you to find beautiful tactics in recent games and studies, as well as some of his own career highlights.
- Graham Burgess has scoured his work over the years for hidden unpublished gems, and includes themed sections on opening tactics and defensive ideas.